Our new instructor Fiona Di Carlo hails from London, England. Fiona is a professional musician as well as an amazing instructor! Fiona has over 9 years experience in the health, fitness and wellbeing industry, working in Personal Training, Group Fitness, Pilates and Management. She believes in a holistic and functional approach to exercise and draws on her Pilates, fitness and psychology background to ensure you are working to your full potential. Fiona is so inspiring - her classes are fun and challenging, and ultimately really rewarding. You can catch Fiona teaching Accelerate and Pilates at Core Candy.
Fiona shares with us the food she’s obsessed with, her secret talents, and more…
1. What food can you not live without?
Any of my husband’s pasta dishes! He is Sicilian and definitely knows how to make a good pasta.
2. Last book you read?
3. What are your biggest indulgences?
Refer to question 2! Plus a glass or two of a good red.
4. Which beauty products do you swear by?
Dr Bronner liquid soap in Lavender, Priori's Idebenone range, Lanolips lip ointment, Alpha Keri bath oil.
5. What's the best gift you've received?
My new Volkswagen Golf...a surprise gift from my husband a few months ago! (Lucky girl!)
6. Which apps are you obsessed with?
Essential Anatomy (a bit geeky I know!), Spotify, Pinterest, Instagram.
7. What is your go-to karaoke/shower song?
Roxette or Fleetwood Mac
8. What's the screensaver on your phone/computer?
Me and my 3 siblings.
9. What item in your closet do you wear the most?
My leather jacket
10. What song instantly puts you in a good mood?
Get Lucky by Daft Punk
11. What's your secret talent?
I'm a professional cellist and used to play in a band for many years in London.
12. Best advice you ever received?
Don't let self-doubt hold you back from achieving your dreams!
13. Favourite exercise?
Favourite Pilates exercise: leg stretch with small stability ball under pelvis. Great for core strength but also challenges stability...plus it feels quite nice, which is a bonus!