Terms & conditions
PART A: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Core Candy Chapel Street reserves the right to refuse entry.
2. Core Candy Chapel Street is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of your personal property brought on to the premises of Core Candy Chapel Street while you attend class, nor shall Core Candy Chapel Street be held liable for any loss, theft or damage of your personal property for any reason
3. Every possible effort is made to deliver classes and services on time as advertised. However, timetables are subject to change or cancellation without notice. While Core Candy Chapel Street will endeavour to provide as much notification as possible if this occurs, Core Candy Chapel Street is not liable to refund, transfer or offer compensation of any kind for classes that are late, changed or cancelled for any reason.
4. Core Candy Chapel Street reserves the right to increase class prices from time to time.
5. All purchases are final. Core Candy Chapel Street does not offer refunds on services or products for change of mind, injury, illness, change of address or any other reason unless required under Australian Consumer Law.
6. Passes and memberships may not be shared. Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY: A minimum of 4 hours is required in order to cancel your attendance for a Core Candy Chapel Street class or session. This allows people on the wait-list to then attend the class or for our booking system to show an available space for anyone else wanting to book into the class. You agree that your class fee shall be forfeited in the event you do not give the required 4 hours’ notice of cancellation. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to your class start time. For safety reasons, participants who arrive later than ten minutes after the stated class or session start-time will not be permitted entry into that class or session.
8. Core Candy Chapel Street Programs may be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death.
9. Our staff and contractors are not medically trained. They are not qualified to assess if you are in good physical condition and can exercise without risking your health, safety or comfort. By booking into any Core Candy Chapel Street Programs you confirm that you are not pregnant, injured or suffer from a medical condition, or that you have supplied a medical certificate to state that you are fit to attend any Programs offered by Core Candy Chapel Street and have discussed your medical condition or pregnancy with your Core Candy Chapel Street instructor/s prior to your participation in the Program.
10. You acknowledge that Core Candy Chapel Street Programs are at times a strenuous activity and by participating in any Core Candy Chapel Street Programs, you are exposed to certain risks including injury, or loss or damage to personal property. You agree to enter and use all the facilities at Core Candy Chapel Street including participating in all Programs entirely at your own risk.
11. Notwithstanding any limitations or restrictions placed on this agreement by the Australian Consumer Law, you acknowledge and agree that Core Candy Chapel Street shall not have any responsibility or liability to you in respect of any loss or damages you may suffer, directly or indirectly, in connection with your attendance at or participation in Core Candy Chapel Street Programs. You further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Core Candy Chapel Street its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debt or expenses (including but not limited to solicitor’s fees) which may be suffered by it or them in connection with your participation in Core Candy Chapel Street Programs.
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR CORE CANDY CHAPEL STREET MEMBERSHIPS (Monthly Limited (10 or 15 Classes per Month) and Weekly or Monthly Unlimited Memberships)
a) The minimum term for a Membership is three consecutive months (or six consecutive weeks for a Weekly Unlimited Membership).
b) Monthly Memberships will continue to renew each month until Core Candy Chapel Street is advised by you via email only (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ) to terminate the membership. Seven days notice is required to process cancellations.
c) After the initial six consecutive weeks, Weekly Unlimited Memberships automatically continue on a weekly basis until Core Candy Chapel Street is advised by you via email only (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ) to terminate the membership. Seven days notice is required to process cancellations.
d) Membership fees will be charged to your credit card or bank account once per week via our third party biller, Ezidebit.
e) Fees for direct debit from a bank account will incur $2.20 on the first week and $1.10 for subsequent weeks. No additional fees are charged on credit card auto-debits.
f) It is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover the weekly auto-debit. If an auto-debit is declined due to insufficient funds, the transaction will fail which requires additional administration and yields additional bank costs. Unfortunately, Ezidebit is unable to absorb these costs and applies a $9.90 fee for these failed transactions. This fee is debited 7 days after the failed payment.
g) Core Candy Chapel Street is in no way responsible for additional bank fees that you may incur from your bank.
h) Bank fees are under the terms and conditions of contractual agreements that lie between you and your bank.
i) If an auto debit cannot be made for any reason, Core Candy Chapel Street may in its absolute discretion, process payment anytime after the due date upon receipt of sufficient monies in your account.
j) After the six consecutive week minimum term (for Weekly Unlimited Memberships), or the three month minimum term for Monthly Memberships, membership may be suspended upon request in writing (via email only) for a minimum of one week (7 days) and a maximum of six weeks (or by negotiation) by reason of illness, injury or absence . Suspensions must be made in 7 day increments only. I.e. 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, up to 6 weeks. Core Candy Chapel Street cannot pro-rate day usage. Seven days’ notice prior to the suspension date request is required to process the suspension.
k) Class Cancellation must be made via the online booking system up to 12 hours before a class without penalty.
l) Cancellations will not be accepted via phone or email. If you do not attend a booked session or cancel within 4 hours of the start time you will be charged for the class. Members or Introductory Offer holders will not be able to book another class on the same day. Members and Introductory Offer holders will have their booking privileges suspended if they “no show” or late cancel two classes in any two week period.
m) If auto-debit payments fail for 2 weeks or more, Core Candy Chapel Street may in its absolute discretion cancel the membership.
n) The terms and conditions or our third party biller Ezidebit form a binding component of your membership agreement. They are emailed to you upon membership sign up but can also be found on our website www.corecandy.com.au.
o) Memberships may not be shared.
1. USING THE WEBSITE: SPECIFIC WARNINGS
We make our Programs available to you through our Website. When you use our Programs, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to use the relevant Service and access our Website. This means you may not re-sell our Programs anywhere else or use for any commercial purpose, share your license to use our Programs with anyone else, reverse engineer, decompile, modify or otherwise attempt to copy our Service (“Licence”).
2. USER ACCOUNTS
You are solely responsible for protecting the security and confidentiality of your Login. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your Login or any other breach or threatened breach of Website security you may be aware of. You will be solely responsible for all access to and use of a Website by anyone using your Login whether or not such access to and use of our Website is actually authorised by you.
3. WEBSITE SERVICE CHANGES AND AVAILABILITY
We reserve the right to alter, update, or remove any of our Website at any time. We may modify our Website for any security reason, in our discretion. We do not guarantee that our Website will always be available, work, or be accessible at any particular time. Only users who are eligible to use our Website may do so. We reserve the right to terminate access for anyone.
4. COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
i. adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of our Website; or
ii. commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of our Website, without our written permission.
By uploading, transmitting, posting or otherwise making available any material on a Website and any associated social media platforms, including providing us with any comments, feedback, ideas or suggestions, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the material in any form and for any purpose, and unconditionally waive all moral rights as defined by the Commonwealth Copyright Act 1968.
5. LINKING AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT
You must not frame, reformat, replicate or mirror any part of our Website or use any data mining robots or other extraction tools in relation to our Website, without our prior written authorisation.
You may link to our Website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our Website contents, including any intellectual property notices. At our request, you must immediately remove any link to our Website. Our Website may contain links to or display the content of third parties (“Third Party Content”), including links to Websites operated by other organisations and individuals (“Third Party Website”). Third Party Content and Third Party Website are not under our control. We do not endorse, approve or make any warranty or claim regarding Third Party Content, Third Party Website or the products, services or information available on any Third Party Website, or in respect of the owner or operator of a Third Party Website or their conduct, including privacy compliance. If you use or rely upon Third Party Content or Third Party Website, you do so solely at your own risk.
6. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Your use of our Website and use or purchase of our Programs is at your own risk. The information, materials, and Programs provided on or through our Website are provided “as is” and to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, any implied warranties with respect to the Programs listed or purchased on or through our Website. Except for the purposes of any “consumer guarantees” as defined under Australian Consumer Law, we hereby expressly disclaim all liability for our Programs, for product defects or failures, claims that are due to your use of our Programs, product misuse, abuse, product modification, improper product selection, non-compliance with any codes, or misappropriation.
We cannot guarantee that our Website will work as advertised, or that our Programs will give you the desired results.
By accessing our Website, you assume all risks associated with such use, including but not limited to the risk that your computer, software or data may be damaged by any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware transmitted by this Website or by any Third Party Content or Third Party Website. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, conditions and claims (whether express or implied) arising out of or in any way connected with our Website are hereby excluded. By accessing our Website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, costs or expenses (including legal fees) whatsoever suffered by any person or entity arising out of or in any way connected with your access to this Website.
In regards to any breach or failure to comply with Australian Consumer Law, we may replace any goods or supply equivalent goods, repair such goods, or pay for the cost of repair. For any services, we may resupply the service or pay for the service to be supplied again.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Other than to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not assume any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly as a result of your use of our Website or Programs. In no event will we, or any of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates or assigns, nor any party involved in the creation, production or transmission of our Website or Programs be liable to you or anyone else for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of our Website or Programs, any Website linked to our Website or Programs (including the materials, information or services contained on such Website) whether in contract or tort or regardless of being advised of the possibility of such damages.
In the event of any problem with our Website or any content, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using the relevant Website. In the event of any problem with the Programs or services that you have purchased on or through our Website, your remedies will be as prescribed by Australian Consumer Law.
10. PRIVACY AND CHILD PROTECTION
In addition to our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Cth) and Health Records Act 2001 (Vic), we also comply with all Australian Child Protection legislation to the extent applicable.
11. TERMINATION OF ACCESS
PART THREE: MISCELLANEOUS
Variation and Waiver
A provision of or a right created by these Terms and Conditions cannot be waived except in writing signed by the party granting the waiver.
Approvals and Consents
Where any provision of these Terms and Conditions provide for a party to provide its consent or approval then such party may conditionally or unconditionally in its absolute discretion give or withhold such consent or approval unless these Terms and Conditions expressly provide otherwise.
The agreement contained in these Terms and Conditions contains all of the terms, conditions, representations and warranties in connection with the agreement reached between the parties with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
Relationship of Parties
Nothing in this these Terms and Conditions creates a partnership or joint venture between the parties, and no party can bind or pledge the credit of the other party.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The agreement contained in these Terms and Conditions is governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the said State of Victoria.
You must not novate, assign or subcontract the agreement contained in these Terms and Conditions or any of its obligations herein without our prior written consent.
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that we may otherwise be responsible for, if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, shortage of materials, or any other event beyond our control.
Legal Notice Amendments
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these Terms and Conditions and new additional information.
Last updated 14 November 2018